Sunday, July 24, 2011

onesies are not only for newborns

I hear it all the time "I can't wear that"... lies. Its not so much what you wear, its how you wear it!! Thats a saying in the Cotter home: its not the what's, its the how's... so apply it to the jumper you haven't bought yet.


























I know you're first argument: Kate, you're tall... so you can get away with it. Not true! my adorable sister in law, who is only 5'2'' and tiny, bought the same jumper I did at H&M.. and she ROCKS it! she put it with heels, she cinched that already tiny waist of hers, and mwah! a masterpiece!!

Its all about playing up your best features. If you're petite, then always, always wear your jumper with heels. It will elongate your legs and make you appear taller.

If you are a pear or hourglass (like yours truly) then make sure you are cinching your waist, with either a self included belt, or one you add on your own. This romper you can find at H&M for $19.95. Not to mention you will look 70's chic. In stores now!


If you are an apple shape... you will have the toughest time finding one (most cinche at the waist)Try one instead that shows off those killer legs of yours and has more of a drop waist. Like this BB Dakota one. Why would you, my sweet apple, ever want to hide those fantastic legs of yours?! opt for a short jumper instead!





If you are a regtangle, then find one that helps create curves. Haulters style tops and skinny style pants look amazing on you - you slender, toned thing... so rock this one from Topshop!!




give the baby a break from the jumper. Be inspired by it and find one for yourself. Remember, its about the "how's" Accesorize it and make it your own! When in doubt, the safest way is to wear a romper is an all black, wide legged, thin strapped, easy fit. It will flatter every body type and can be worn in place of a dress. Dress it up, dress it down, it won't fail you.

Get. One. NOW.

xoxo
Kate



3 comments:

  1. Oh Oh! Love love love this!!! I've always wanted these to come back in style -- I hope they're here to stay for a little bit. Now to get my post-preggo body into one.. lol! I'll let you know how it works out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo!!!! I love this post you look amazing!! And I got a shout out, haha
    I think I'll wear mine tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo I have been lurking on your blog for a bit..considering my complete lack of style. What would you say is the biggest tip for someone who has absolutely NO fashionable clothes..where do you start? Can you do a post on a complete closet makeover? haha :) Good job Katie, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete